We’re pleased to announce we are planning to start training again from 1st October 2020. However, new rules mean that we have restricted numbers per court, and therefore you must book your place at training to be able to attend. Please use the button below to book your place:
To be able to attend training you must also be affiliated with England Netball and Palmers Green through engage: https://engage.englandnetball.co.uk/Account/Login
If you are struggling with Engage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to return to training we have had to appoint a COVID-19 officer and support team: Katy Orriss (lead Covid officer), Alescia Ferrari and Sarah Saunders (supporting team). You should have contact details for all 3 of us in your restart email. If you have not received this, please contact email@example.com.
If you have any questions about returning to training or want to discuss any concerns please get in contact with one of us.
The following rule modifications must now be adhered to at all community levels of the game (reference: England Netball):
- 4ft spacing for the start of play – GS and GK are required to start inside their respective goal circles, GA, GD, WA and WD on the transverse line and the centres in the centre third. The modification requires all players to position themselves a minimum of 4ft away from their opposing players and teammates at the start of play. This will be managed by umpires at the start of play.
- 4ft marking – the defending distance has been increased from 3ft to 4ft. Particular attention must be paid in the goal circle when defending or waiting for a rebound under the goal post. This will be blown as distance.
- 4ft position of penalised player – penalised players for major infringements are required to position beside the player they infringed but from a distance of 4ft away. This will be managed by umpires when an infringement occurs.
- Removal of Toss Ups – No toss ups are permitted, the team who had the ball directly before the action that caused the toss up to be awarded will retain possession. The umpire will briefly hold time, instruct the ball to be returned to the relevant team and play will be restarted on the umpire’s whistle.
- Removal of idle interactions – Players not engaged in play or who are stood still are required to be positioned 4ft away from another player. This frequently happens on the circle edge, on the transverse line, whilst walking back to centre pass and returning to the team bench at the end of a quarter. Managed by umpires and supported by players and coaches.
Please familiar yourself with the video from England Netball on the new rule changes: